Option 1. – Call 480-540-7555 or email Aboutwine@mail.com to schedule your customized wine class and tasting party! Host a ‘Wine Class Party’ for your Corporate event, Holiday party, Girls night, Couples parties, etc. — The cost is $35 per person with an 6-person minimum, the maximum would depend on the size of the venue. Includes 4 tastings of different varietals from the regional class you chose (choices below), 2 hours of wine education, hand-outs, and sniffing exercise items. Food not included, but I will recommend a menu to pair with the wines. Host keeps left over wine. People can either make their own food or use a caterer. Classes may take place in your home, at your office, or at any pre-arranged venue or restaurant in Ahwatukee, Chandler or Tempe (due to travel time cost would increase).
About Wine is not legally permitted to buy your wine, it must be prepaid by the party host — nor can About Wine sell any wine for profit. Payment is due once the date is scheduled to allow me to purchase your wines for the class and to secure your date. Cash or Check only. Full refund if cancel 2 weeks prior. Half refund if cancel before 48 hours. No refund if cancel day after 48 hours. I do have to require a signed contract stating I am only there for educational purposes, not to sell or serve wine.
Option 2. – Classes can be held by Darla Hoffmann at LDV Winery in Scottsdale, a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 25. Price vary depending on size of group – a flight of 3 LDV’s 100% Arizona Estate grown wines and 2 wines from another specified region/class (choices below), 2 hours wine education on your regional class choice, hand-outs, and sniffing exercise items. Meat & Cheese boards available at an additional cost. Each class includes comparisons to Arizona wines and why might there are similarities or differences. Discounts on glasses and bottles of wine available; you may use a credit card for this location. If you are interested in hosting your class there — call me at 480-540-7555 to check availability and we will schedule your private class. LDV Winery has a number of other classes they do on weekends and during the week so I will need to coordinate with the Winery. Check out their beautiful location at www.LDVWinery.com
Option 3. -(Classes held by Darla Hoffmann at a restaurant are pre-scheduled by the owner/staff and vary throughout the year — different rates apply.) the price will vary depending on which wines are selected, food options, and if they require a rental fee.
What are some of my class options?
- ‘Wine 101 – The Grape Expedition’: informative class on winemaking, viticulture, reading labels, food & wine pairings, regional differences, choosing glassware, finding what you like, and tips and tricks on how to expand your palate.
- ‘Discover the wines of France’ – explore the plentiful wine regions throughout France. Learn about the different styles of wine and how climate varies throughout the country, reading labels, tastings and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Italian Varietals’ – Learn about the variations of wine and food from Northern to Southern Italy, reading labels, wine culture, varietals and regional differences in winegrowing styles and techniques, sparkling wines, tastings and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘South America’ – explore an up and coming region with exciting growth, especially Chile and Argentina, reading lables, tastings, and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘The wine of the US’ – learn about the regions like Napa Valley in California, Washington, Oregon, all the way to the Finger Lakes in New York. Learn the regional differences between the US and Europe styles and laws, tastings, and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Wines from Down Under’ – explore Australia and New Zealand and the history of this amazing wine region, winemaking styles, winemakers, how to read lables, tastings and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Germany & Austria’ – Experience the unique styles of wine in this very different climate and terrain, learn about their classification systems, how to read labels, tastings, and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Spain & Portugal’ – Learn about the wines of these beautiful countries and the many differences throughout the regions, varietals, sherry, sparkling wines, how to read labels, tastings and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Arizona Wine Country’ – Learn about our winemaking history and how it is developing into one of the most exciting wine regions in the world. Learn about our terrain, winemakers, what grapes grow best here and why, and of course tastings and food & wine pairing suggestions.
- ‘Bubbles’ – Learn about Champagne, the winemaking methods, regions, top producers as well as value driven producers, Sparkling wine from other regions across the globe, tastings, and food & wine pairing suggestions.
What types of marketing packages are available for Wineries, Wine bars and restaurants or resorts? About Wine can customize a package depending on your needs. Packages can include classes, media i.e. articles and social media, on and off site tastings and promotions, etc. Fees vary.
How can About Wine be of assistance to a Wine Collector? About Wine can help connect you with a storage facility, and invitations to some of the best tastings in the Valley.